Endurance Adventures Beating Rheumatoid Arthritis

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tropical Summer Salad

I "made up" a new summer salad & it turned out very delicious so I thought I would share.

Dressing:
1/4 c pineapple juice
1/4 c olive oil
1 tbs dijon mustard
1 tbs honey or agave
salt & pepper to taste

blend all ingredients in blender (I added a few chunks of pineapple to thicken & I thought the oil was a bit heavy so next time I am halving it & then will add more until it is right go for your preference)

Salad:

grill pineapple chunks on kabob skewers on barbecue
grill chicken tenders on barbecue
romaine leaves
1/2 sliced red onion
1 red 1 orange bell pepper cut into bite size pieces
crumbled bacon
mandarin oranges
sliced strawberries
slivered almonds
sugar snap peas
toasted coconut (put shredded coconut under broiler for short time to toast)

mix it all together & dinner is done.

0 comments: